Developing Families Together (DFT)
Developing Families Together (DFT) is an Ethiopian Residents’ Charity organization committed to work for poverty reduction, HIV/AIDS prevention, and care and support for needy people in Ethiopia. DFT was established in March 2002 and re-registered in October 20, 2009 under Ethiopian Charities and Societies Agency with a license number 0087.
DFT envisions poverty and HIV/AIDS free society in Ethiopia
The mission of the organization is to improve the quality of the lives of families with a special focus on women and children through family based and integrated community development approach.
In its work with women, children, the youth and dealings with stakeholders, DFT believes in:
Goals and Objectives:
To contribute to the national efforts to improve livelihoods and health status of marginalized families, women, children and other vulnerable groups of the society through household and community based development approach.
- Reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS
- Provide care and support to people living with HIV and affected by AIDS.
- Empower poor and vulnerable women through integrated programs;Promote family planning and reproductive health services;
- Establish social facilities at community level;
- Reduced maternal and child mortality and morbidity rate;
Major programs of DFT are
- Yekokeb Berhan Program for Highly Vulnerable Children
- HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support program
- Women Empowerment Program
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health Program
- Environmental Protection, Water and Sanitation Program
- Health and education program
- Community capacity building program.
Program Areas of DFT are:-
- Addis Ababa City Administration,
- Amhara National Regional State,
- Oromia National Regional State,
- Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples Regional State, and
- Benishangul Gumuz Regional State.