Women Empowerment and Gender Equality
In order to achieve gender equality, it is necessary to build a society in which women and men share equally in the distribution of power and influence and have equal access to education, health, decent work and livelihoods.
DFT initiated a different strategy to strengthen women’s rights and promote gender equality, with programmes that directly bolstered women’s representation in decision-making processes, increased women´s capabilities, improved their access to resources and opportunities, and reduced their vulnerability to violence and conflict. Our work also improved legal systems to respect women’s rights, particularly those of marginalized groups.
This programme designed to address gender equality in a broad and holistic manner, thereby contributing to the fulfilment of the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of women and girls, and supporting efforts towards gender equality.
DFT work‘s on Women Empowerment and Gender Equality areas;
- Women Economic Empowerment
- Community based income-generating schemes for women with a holistic approach.
- Provision of advice and support to grandmothers and OVC’s who have affected by HIV/AIDS
- Development of standard tools for gender mainstreaming, gender budgeting and gender auditing
- Provision of accessible technology to enable women to access finance and markets.
- Establishment of information communication technology, including business centres.
- Empowerment of rural women and duty bearers to ensure women’s rights to access and control over agricultural resources.
- Prevent Harmful traditional practices against women and girls
- Prevent harmful traditional practices and forms of violence against women, which infringe their basic human rights.
- Raise awareness of rural women and rural women leaders and development agents/extension workers on women’s land and property rights
- Enhance accountability of duty bearers to women’s land and property rights
- Create women movement actions to condom and abolish GBV and HTB to bring on board the traditional get keepers