Environment and Agriculture
Ethiopia has been one of the most food-insecure countries in the world. Rural populations in most side of Ethiopia have long been vulnerable to droughts and other localized natural hazards. DFT has working to empower women to actively participate in climate change issues and run diversified climate resilience livelihood.
- Roof Water harvesting schemes built to supply dependable safe drinking water
- Traditional dry pit-latrine
- Provide training
- Community members trained on operation and maintenance of RWH schemes.
- Rehabilitation of degraded lands, seedling production and distribution, water shade management and irrigation
- Promoting women’s resilience to climate change climate smart agriculture