Positive Attitudes of COVID-19 Vaccination on Grandmothers and Prevention of HIV/AIDS through Grandmother Support Program
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and HIV & AIDS, and to reduce their impacts on the community, particularly grandmothers.
- To increase awareness of COVID-19 prevention methods and vaccination, particularly amongst grandmothers
- To raise awareness of HIV&AIDS amongst female sex workers, prisoners, mobile workers, and other key groups
- To reduce the economic impact of COVID-19 by providing food and IGA support
- To strengthen the Project’s organizational capacity
Implementation Area :- Debre Sina Town of Amhara National Regional State
Darian Community Library Information and Communication Technology for Girls’ Students and Women Farmers
The overall objective of the intervention is to empower rural girl students through Information Communication Technology to compete in computer skill equally with urban students at Universities and to improve the productivity of women farmers by creating access and skills through ICTs.
- To improve self-confidence, aspiration and educational achievements of Darian girls students.
- Improve computer skill of Darian girl students to compete equal with urban students when they join universities.
- To improve the Information Communication skill of women farmers and women HH’s for better farming, business opportunity and productivity.
Implementation Area: – Darian Town of Oromia National Regional State
COVID-19: Risk Communication and Community Engagement
Prevent spread of COVID-19 and reduce its impacts on women as well as the community and improved positive responses of women towards COVID-19 vaccination
- Raise awareness of community members in Sidama Regional State on prevention strategies and impacts of COVID-19
- Improved positive responses of women on COVID-19 vaccination
Implementation Area: – Aleta Wendo, Dale, Hawassa Zuria, Loko Abay, Shebedino and Wondo Genet Woredas of Sidama National Regional State
Ethiopia Social Accountability Program (ESAP)
Enhance the application of Citizens Report Card for improved service delivery in education, health and agriculture sectors in Agew Awi and East Gojjam Zones of Amhara Regional State
- To Build capacities of Citizen to demand quality and adequate public services
- To Enhance Fundraising and Domestic Resource Mobilization capacity of community radio stations
Implementation Area: – Enarji Enawga, Gonjasiso Enese, Aneded, Debre Markos, Guagusa Shikudad, Enjibara, Dangla, Jawi, Gonji, Dejen, Enemay, Shebel Berenta and Machakel Woredas of Amhara National Regional State
The overall objective of the project is to add value to efforts of developing a shared understanding of the enablers and barriers to treatment retention in a manner that is productive, collaborative, respectful, and solutions-oriented.
- Produce and present quarterly community-led monitoring results on HIV related service delivery of two health centers in Debre Sina and Shoa Robit towns
- In-built community score card in two health centers in Debre Sina and ShoaRobit towns as a tool for sustainable community-led monitoring system of accessible quality HIV service delivery
Implementation Area: – Shewa Robet Town of Amhara National Regional State
Empowerment of rural women and duty bearers to ensure women’s rights to access and control over agricultural resources in Tarma Ber Woreda, North Shoa Zone, Amhara regional state, Ethiopia.
Overall objective of the project is to ensure women’s rights to access to and control over rural land right equally with men.
- To raise awareness of 260 rural women and rural women leaders and 50 development agents/extension workers and Kebele managers organization on women’s land and property rights vested in existing laws of Ethiopia (Ethiopian constitution, Amhara regional State constitution, and Amhara regional state rural land use and administration proclamation and family law)
To enhance accountability of duty bearers to women’s land and property rights in Tarma Ber Woreda, North Shoa Zone, Amhara region
Implementation Area: – Debre Sina Town of Amhara National Regional State